Friday, December 16, 2011

13th week

So my brother and his girlfriend came to visit over the last 2 weekends ! I met up with them in Santa Monica and then spent the rest of my weekend with them and it was amazing!

We even got to watch Cirque Du Soleil's "IRIS" at the Kodak Theater and it's definitely a performance that every filmmaker or film student should go see! It's MIND-BLOWING! Iris is about filmmaking in general, but what was special about it was that they took aspects of filmmaking and conceptualized them through performance art and they were done amazingly. Anyway, we went to Universal Studios the next day and I even got an annual pass! I'm planning to go back there as much as I can to sketch people there. It's such an inspiring place !

My brother drove me back to CalArts on Monday night and I showed them around the campus and my dorm room and then he had to leave shortly after. It's been such an amazing 3 days and I felt like I've been spending so much time together with them here. I'm gonna miss them so much :')

Anyway, here's the sculpture that I did for my Color & Design Class. It's my first original sculpture done with sculpey and although it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to at first, I'm happy with the way it is now.





Also, we had to come up with a 12x60 inch piece of artwork for our final Color & Design assignment with "Repetition" as the theme. So I decided to do houses and trees !

Here's what my proposal looks like. It's not 12x60 inch but it's an idea that I have.



This is going do be done on Illustration boards painted with gouache and cut-outs. I've always wanted to do an original piece of artwork with gouache so it's definitely a good time to start !!

No comments:

Post a Comment